surveying the ruins of his life, Delgado whistled a happy tune

No words there are that stop and think
About what's written down in ink
Nor songs that sing themselves to sleep
For songs don't sing, nor do they weep
No paintings that will paint themselves
Without the aid of magic elves
No dancing danced without a dancer
No prancing pranced without a prancer
No person is without a soul
Inspiring flesh and making whole
But those who fear they're incomplete
who think they're walking sacks of meat
and skin and hair and blood and bone
are those who fear to be alone.

HOME

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Sadly, I believe that applies to me. Although I have very few friends and almost nobody who I feel connected to at all, I dread being alone for extended periods of time.

k. riggs gardner said...

I have alway believed in ink and am grateful to find concurrence here at cosmic rapture.

masterymistery said...

Hi Karen, I'm an ink-believer from way bACK! That's part of the reason why there's so much concurrence at Cosmic Rapture. Thanks for your comment.

masterymistery said...

Cheesemeister, Far be it from me to tell anyone what to do or how to feel. However, I never pass up the opportunity for a Nietzche quote. Which I present here under the disclaimer that the quote is relevant only because it touches upon the topic, not because it represents a recommended course of action for anyone: "Flee into thy solitude; keep thyself from the flies and the pestilent men".